The Safer Somerset Partnership
The Safer Somerset Partnership is the Community Safety Partnership for Somerset. This statutory group of agencies have a number of responsibilities which includes overseeing domestic abuse in the county, and to help achieve its aims, there are several sub-groups which report into its over-arching strategic group.
The Domestic Abuse Board
The Domestic Abuse Board is one of the Safer Somerset Partnership’s subgroups, and aims to provide oversight for Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence in Somerset.
The Board will ensure that activity relating to domestic abuse will be evidence based with clear links between policy, duties, activity and performance.
In particular the Board will have oversight and accountability for the following responsibilities and functions and give assurances to the Safer Somerset Partnership:
- Data and intelligence
- Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences
- Specialist Domestic Violence Courts in Somerset
- The County’s domestic abuse ‘system’ linked to safeguarding, public protection and other interrelated processes.
- Effective communications and promotional activity
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence partnership activity
- Implementation of the current local Somerset Domestic Abuse Strategy
Information and resources
We hope that the information below will help professionals throughout the county to see how they can help raise awareness of domestic abuse, and help men and women access specialist support.
Please browse through the remainder of this website for publications to download and how you can get materials to help people access support.
Quick reference guides for practitioners can also be found on the homepage of this website
You can find information on how to make a referral (including the referral forms) on the Somerset Integrated Domestic Abuse Service (SIDAS) page.
Domestic homicide reviews